Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Funny Ladies

Edna May Oliver













Charlotte Greenwood

















Jobyna Howland

















Marie Dressler and Polly Moran












Thelma Todd and Patsy Kelly

















Bebe Daniels

















Marion Davies

















Winnie Lightner

















Fannie Brice

















Louise Fazenda with Benny Rubin














Ruth Donnelly and William Powell













Glenda Farrell with Hugh Herbert















Irene Dunne

















Carole Lombard with Norman Foster













Thelma Todd and Harry Langdon


















Charlotee Greenwood courtesy of Dr. Macro
Jobyna Howland courtesy of photowest.org

7 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Absolutely STUNNING photos as usual - well done.

4:48 PM  
Blogger michaelE said...

Edna is my favorite part of "Drums Along the Mohawk". That's probably why you put her first.

11:50 AM  
Blogger jtk said...

Hi Anna,

Thanks very much, your kind comments are much appreciated.

7:29 PM  
Blogger jtk said...

Hi Michaele,

I knew that, that was exactly the reason I put her first. Did you ever see her with James Gleason in Penguin Pool Murder, Murder on a Honeymoon, or Murder on the Blackboard? I think they made a pretty good comedy team. She also did a good job giving Bert Wheeler the business in Cracked Nuts. I think I can say I liked her in everything Ive ever seen her in.

7:37 PM  
Blogger M said...

I've only heard of Marie Dressler really recently, but I became a fan. That "Reducing" movie looks just like the sort of thing she'd be great in, I hope I get to see it someday. I wouldn't mind watching all the movies she's ever been in.

8:04 PM  
Blogger jtk said...

She was almost ready to chuck it all until her role in the Patsy gave her career a much needed boost, and the rest, as they say, is history.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0019258/trivia

If youre interested in seeing some of her films your always welcome to email me.

10:42 AM  
Blogger jtk said...

My pleasure!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home