Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Film Couples

Some happy, and some unhappy film couples. Myrna Loy and Ramon Novarro in The Barbarian, Garbo and Gilbert in love in Love, Garbo and George Brent in The Painted Veil, Vilma Banky and Roanald Colman in The Magic Flame, Maurice Chevalier and Claudette Colbert in The Smiling Lieutenant, Colbert and Chevalier in The Big Pond, Lon Chaney and Lila Lee in The Unholy Three, Estelle Taylor and Chaney in Where East Is East, Nina Quartero and Duke Kahanamoku in Isle of Escape.










































































































































Many thanks to MichaelE for the bottom three photos.

4 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Could it be that I'm actually seeing the right side of Claudette Colbert's face? Or is the picture flipped?

10:05 PM  
Blogger jtk said...

Yes, that is her right side!-and it very nice too...but do you think maybe it really doesnt photograph as well as her left side? I believe the scan is from an original photo. I have another photo or two of her right side, but I think one of them is flipped, so I never posted it.

11:13 PM  
Blogger M said...

I only noticed it because Greenbriar's blog wrote something very recently about Colbert, where it said she adamantly refused to be photographed on the right side. Everybody's got their paranoias, I guess... Just like you, I don't see anything wrong with that side.

2:43 PM  
Blogger jtk said...

Yes, she was known for preferring to have the left side of her face photographed. Do you think she was paranoid, or do you see just a teeny difference beetween sides? Her right side is indeed nice, but does her left side just photograph a little bit better? Its difficult for me to say because there are few photographs I have with her right side showing, but maybe she was on to something. I do know I prefer to be photographed in the dark, from the neck up, with a hat on.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home