Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

They Were Leading Ladies

Ona Munson

Merna Kennedy

Bessie Love by Apeda

Laura LaPlante by Freulich

Lila Lee by Elmer Fryer


Blogger Mariana said...

As great as these hair-dos looked, I have to wonder how much laca and curling and ironing it took for them to get that way.

1:20 AM  
Blogger jtk said...

Im embarrassed to say Ive never heard of laca. I found an entry in Wictionary, it's a Spanish noun for lacquer. Laca and lacquer have the same meaning and sound almost the same, but laca is shorter and easier to spell, I think I like it better. It's also how some people from Brooklyn NY pronounce lacquer, as laca.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Mariana said...

Yes, it's Portuguese for hair spray. I heard it used in "The Philadelphia Story" so I assumed you knew what i meant, sorry you had to go through all that trouble.

5:03 PM  
Blogger jtk said...

It was no trouble at all, and I learned a new word.
Now, can you tell me what run out powder is?

5:10 PM  
Blogger Mariana said...

No, sorry, I don't think I ever heard that expression.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home