Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, April 19, 2007

C.S. Bull

Images by Clarence Sinclair Bull

The Sphinx

















The Marx Brothers











William Powell

















Miriam Hopkins

















Constance Bennett

















Woody Van Dyke

















Mary Carlisle

















Bing Crosby

















Loretta Young

















John, Ethel and Lionel Barrymore

















Marie Dressler

















Madge Evans

















Ray Milland

















Robert Montgomery

















Joan Crawford













Buster Keaton

















Jean Harlow


















Many thanks to the original poster.

6 Comments:

Blogger michaelE said...

Bull was truly a master of his medium. His b&w seems more real than color. You know what I mean?

11:07 AM  
Blogger jtk said...

Hi Mike,

I completely agree. I absolutely do know what you mean.

9:08 AM  
Blogger M said...

Ray Milland looks wonderful! What a hunk he was. And I love Madge Evans's profile.

7:48 PM  
Blogger jtk said...

I cant remember where I found this. It's Ray Milland from his autobiography. "Most of my pedestals stand empty and the world seems filled with predators, so that I have come to the conclusion that my perennial nostalgia is not for a place but for a time. A time of good manners, of elegance and modesty, of honor and pride and self-respect. Many of these qualities remain with me only faintly, but I remember them and know that if I can recapture and polish them I shall be safe."

7:09 PM  
Blogger M said...

Aww, he was a melancholic chap... I've been thinking about that sort of thing lately as well, about how important it is to have people you can look up to, as encouragement to do the right thing. Maybe I can ad him to the list of the good guys. :)

7:36 PM  
Blogger jtk said...

The more I read about him, the more I like him. I think he really might have been one of the good guys.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home