Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Kay Francis Saturday

Kay Francis fans have two events to enjoy this Saturday, September 16th. Scott O'Brien, author of Kay Francis "I Can't Wait To Be Forgotten" Her Life on Stage and Film, will be appearing at the Seventh Annual Sonoma County Book Festival.

















The Heights Theatre will present Paramount On Parade 1930 as part of their Viva Vitaphone presentation. Restored by U.C.L.A., Paramount on Parade features the Isadore the Toreador segment, which is the only footage that features Kay Francis in color. Kay is also featured in the Impulses segment, with George Bancroft. Paramount on Parade also features Nancy Carroll, Clara Bow, Evelyn Brent, Maurice Chevalier, and many other Paramount stars, in what may be the the best of the early "All Star Revue" type films.
















Also scheduled at Viva Vitaphone is the rare Fox Movietone Follies of 1930, with Marjorie White, El Brendel, and Frank Richardson. See related post #1 and #2

















And don't forget the
Viva Vitaphone's Vitaphone Varieties
Trixie Friganza in "My Bag O' Trix" (1929)
Horace Heidt's Californians (1929)

Bernardo De Pace in "The Wizard of the Mandoline" (1927)
Chaz Chase, "The Unique Performer"
(1928)
Red Nicholds and His Five Pennies (192
Gus Arnheim and His Ambassadors (1928)
Ray Mayer & Edith Evans in "When East Meets West" (1928)
Tal Henry and His North Carolinians (1929)
Blossom Seeley and Benny Fields (1929)
Edgar Bergen in "The Operation" (1930)
Josephine Harmon in "Harmonizing" (1930)

Gold Diggers of Broadway (1929) -- 35mm Color (Excerpt)

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Oh, I apologize for not congratulating you earlier on your blog's one year anniversary. I do love your posts. I found so many great photos and links that I never would have discovered if it wasn't for you. Thanks a bunch, and I hope you'll continue blogging for many years to come! :)

3:03 AM  
Blogger jtk said...

Hi Mariana,

Thanks so much, your kind words mean a lot to me, I really appreciate it.
I hope to post more frequently in the near future, and also must catch up on my Gatochys reading, I've fallen way behind.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home