Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, March 10, 2006

Vintage Advertising: Kay Francis, Joan Crawford and Others.

In keeping with the themes of
vintage ads and wisping wegends

Ciwo Peawls

















Wux Toiwet Soap

















"I have to be kind to my thwoat" LSMFT

















New-looking clothes is just what this
casting director is interested in.

















Keeping Fit the Battle Creek Way.

















Joan Crawford, too, has a "Personality"
Bedroom, no doubt caused nearly as many
snickers in 1929 as it would today.

4 Comments:

Blogger M said...

I never knew Lux used to be a clothes detergent! But I see even then it was used by the stars. :D

Joan Crawford knew no shame. But she was terribly good looking when she was young, before she tried the red hair/black eyebrows combination, and other disasters.

4:18 PM  
Blogger jtk said...

Wook at the wovewy compwexion Wux gave Kay Fwancis.

I think there was an old Hollywoood joke that Crawford slept with everyone on the MGM lot except for Rin Tin Tin. But yes, I thought the young Joan Crawford was absolutely gorgeous. I have a bunch of her photos by Hurrell to post.

8:51 PM  
Blogger broadcastellan said...

Gee, I sure wish I had a "Personality" bedroom.

Yes, Lux made "flakes" to keep those undergarments and gentle fabrics from falling apart.

I'm browsing through my old movie magazines now in search for some of those ads. As always, thanks for sharing!

2:47 PM  
Blogger jtk said...

I love looking through old magazine ads from 75 years ago and realizing modern folks are still obsessed by the same things: beauty, fashion, and finding a cure for baldness.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home